Friday, August 19, 2005

gary OH gary OH gary


gary OH
gary OH
gary OH

GOLDENVOICE the o.g. goldenvoice
early eighties punk concert master
Gary Goldenvoice
He started in Santa Barbara and quickly
moved down south and put on big and
small venue punk concerts for many years
in the Los Angeles Orange County areas

I have been videotaping
since the 70's, yet in the early
80's
I asked if I could Videotape T.S.O.L.
at the
Cathay de Grande in Hollywood, Ca.
The manager said come to the OLYMPIC

Auditorium in DownTown L.A.
and video them ON STAGE!
[ I LOVE
plagerizing
myself ! again]

and THIS IS WHEN I MET GARY
I think I met TOMMY first who worked
with Gary for years and he introduced
me to GARY GOLDENVOICE

one great time
we interviewed Gary in the Olympic Aud office
with Stevo of the Vandals Stevo funny as ever
while Gary told how he puts on concerts all over
in large and small venues and many underage concerts too.
Olympic, Palladium, Stardust Ballroom
Berwin, Lingere, Fenders in Long Beach, Santa Monica Civic...
and lots of clubs and later some larger venues as time went by.

THOSE BANDS THAT GARY SHOWED US
all American punk bands
many English punk bands and others
played the large Olympic Aud
SCREAM, DOA, GBH, EXPLOITED *
CONFLICT, SubHumans *
there were special nites like
British bands or International
theme or BYO
would put on a
concert of groups with
Youth Brigade
headlining

and
Gary was always with everyone,
not hiding out anywhere,
he was on stage and among all
he would let punkers help
and be bouncers, sell t-shirts
let any young band have a chance
to express there musical angst.


Gary always introduced me
to bands and he let me video
as much as I wanted -
with permission of the bands

one time though we came late and AFTER taping
CONFLICT from the UK, backstage
we were met with a very mad lead singer
who wanted to know who we were
GARY SAVED US
I later went to where
the band was staying at ETCH's HOUSE
he also vouched for me and I taped the band again

BUT IT WAS GARY who praised us,
wined and dined us treated us
like royality what for?
we were only video guys...

LASTLY...
Skrawney was there, Perry was there
and a host of ol' punk bands to give
Gary GoldenVoice

his retirement Palladium concert
at the end of his fantastic career.

GARY TOVAR
really part of what made

my/our
SCENE.

NEXT: KING TACO not okie dog
video louis 2005 http://www.punkslam.rocks.it/

No comments: