Saturday, August 20, 2005

KING TACO not Okie Dog


KING
TACO

not
Okie
Dog...







CHOW-PUNK :
I never had the hot dog 'burrito' + everything
at that stand down from where the FREE PRESS
was published in even another Scene, on FAIRFAX

the Okie Dog L.A. punk eatery, they say
mentioned by all the ol' punk "CRUSTYS"
and in photographs 'of the SCENE' all the time

NO FOR ME IT WAS
KING TACO
a bunch of stands and restaurants
throughout eastern L.A.
WHAT ON eARTH does THIS
HAve TO DO WITH THE PUNK scene
well, an army can't eat on it's stomach
or something like that.
ROCK AND ROLL WISE we are not talking
about "no Red M&M's"

beer aside, food is needed
after a rousing punk gig
and this was the situation
at hand

I lived in the North part of Los Angeles
and I had just come from one of MANY
gigs I went to at FENDERS BALLROOM
in beautiful Long Beach an hour
South on the 710 fwy.

Coming from Sunland-Tujunga *
as I was
where the sidewalks
are rolled up as I drive away to the gig,
an in
Beautiful Long Beach where there were
only eat-in restaurants if that,
and
after all the great punk music and fun
at FENDER'S...
where to eat NOW?
I NEEDED FOOD !!!


Here I am driving the 710 fwy probably after 3am,
nothing open at home, nothing noticable off the freeway
BUT I'M STARVED- WHAT CAN I DO ?
too far away from CANTER'S DELI in Hollywood
they're open 24/7 oh a fresh tuna salad on corn rye
coleslaw dill pickle *
and dr brown's soda

NO TOO FAR - TOO TIRED
Johnnie's way off the 405 in CULVER CITY ?
no too late I should have gone THAT WAY
pastrami or charburgers fries and a root beer
WAY AWAY NOW WHAT TO DO...???
BING BING !!!
red alert
WHERE AM I
I'M NEAR EAST L.A.
SOMETHING MUST BE
OPEN LATE HERE
so I remember the main drive is
WELL YES WHITTIER BLVD,
but also BROOKLYN AVE now
Ceasar Chavez in honor
of the fieldworker's advocate

BUT I MISSED IT
I get off the next exit to double-back
...BUT JUST AS I GET OFF THE FWY
there is this GIGANTIC revolving sign
that says KING TACO
as I round the corner to the front
THERE ARE TONS OF PEOPLE
this is a
punk rock eatery
dressed to kill, gangies,
punkers and gun toting security guards
beating some jerk up on the sidewalk
there are masses of cars
and people IT IS WAY AFTER 3AM

CHips, LAPD,Sheriffs all here to EAT
CARNE ASADA TACOS,
BURRITTOS sopes
HORCHATA DRINKS
WAIT TO ORDER
ask for salsa roja
WAIT TO BE CALLED ON THE P.A.
EAT.
punk rock...
EVERYONE'S HEAVEN
KING TACO

NEXT: FENDER'S...you don't stroke a ballroom DO YOU ?
video louis 2005 http://www.punkslam.rocks.it/

No comments: