Sunday, August 14, 2005

Rodney on MY PUNKrock

yes, as glorified by the GTO's in the 60's
THE MAYOR OF THE SUNSET STRIP
rODNEY bINGENHIEMER
the radio jock
was a link if you believe to the SCENE
whereas the ladies wanted to go to
the STARWOOD on the Strip to dance
while Rodney spun newwave it got boring
fast a large club and a live band room
it was WEIRD THESE FAST BANDS PLAYING,
AND IT SEEMED ALMOST, NO EVERY TIME
the L.A. Sheriffs were coming in and
carting someone off, why I do not know,
at least then [ probably for stage diving
what else ] the atmosphere was thick with
a freedom musical people freedom.
-to digress-THE GTO's girls together
outrageously sixties laurel cyn
frank zappa groupies

-----I even met Geza X there one day,
we went there alot I remember the circle jerks

-circle jerks
anthem
HERE-*

and fear with flea ! and the gears, plugz...
at home we HAD TO no signal put in cable
USA network new allowed wierd late nite
features like NEW WAVE THEATER many
local new wave and punk bands [ i.e. wet picnic ]
which also played the Starwood.
-by the way the USA network celebrated its 25th year,
NO MENTION OF THE NEW WAVE PUNK
BROADCASTS of THEIR BEGININGS.

This TV show was all LA Punk
THE WEIRDOS, blasters, raw punk
and new wave FRESH AIR freedom
no I never went to the vex nor the masque
but I did go to
GODZILLAS in the Valley
We knew the guy who rented the place
to the stern BROS.
and I had just gotten into video had some
hot reel to reel video plug in only
I could have gotten the Damned then *
oh well, did later anyway...
I COULD HAVE BEEN A
Spheeris...

NEXT: I never saw penelope's decline
video louis 2005 www.punkslam.rocks.it

No comments: