Saturday, August 13, 2005

[ Was I Alive ? ]

(why) are we alive ?
-that was the group title for a bunch of
punk video showings of my works at the zero-1
about 1996, see I gave it a name befit of our genre.
we are alive, but why? getting back to our theme though,
-was I alive before the punk scene ?
AND again WHAT WERE
WE ALL BEFORE THE SCENE.
A SWEATY NIGHT AT THE LhASA CLUB
Henry's pleasing rants on his life
his writings with thoughtful angst
" I'm not sorry about being sorry
for not being sorry "
he's cool ...head off to Cathay de Grande *
downstairs to see slamming and chaos,
not bands called that, just slamming and chaos.
we drink till 2 then stay after hours and drink till 6am,
give Eldon [ el duce ] a ride to his beercansonthemoon
apartment more drinking talking then home ...
repeated many times weekly in many various ways.
like goimg to the Cathay seeing bands etc mingling
then to JOHN POCHNA's Zero-1 on Vine St. *
to mingle and do dollar offbeers allnite/morn..

[ angelyne, me & el duce, lingere parking lot-by david herman ]
oh, I AM POSITIVE I WAS ALIVE
BEFORE THE PUNK SCENE

being a youngster, driving a car,
going to the beach, family...
BUT SOCIALLY the frothing of the
yelling rocker takes
hold and as we
go
from what we wait for
to hear and
see our
great progressive future music
to wait in lines after parking hassels
screaming 'security' folk standing only during
that final orgasm song AND I FOUND IT BORING
AND DEBASING UNCULTURIZING oh what fun
NOW LEAVE !
our greatness has evolved TODAY
to glorified ICONS giving us
the politically correct lives
THEY TELL US
WE SHOULD
LIVE BY
they know
WE DO NOT KNOW
and they PROTECT US
so we abide
- our NEOprophets with
rollingSUNglasses.
[ would you want to be alive ? ]

SEE THE CATHAY de GRANDE in eighties' glory
in eighties' glory
VIDEOSTREAM AT PUNKSLAM
my
art, punk, & PICKLES WEBSITE *


NEXT: Rodney on MYPUNKrock, more my beginings...

No comments: