Thursday, September 01, 2005

Getting Ready for another MEMORIAL

Getting Ready for
another MEMORIAL








I have been videotaping

OUR SCENE for over 20 years.
When I got my first video equipment
I was working as a custodian at a high school
and the people I worked with were great,
older with character. I thought this could be
good for me get started in the documentary
film production field.
Then, I said NO these were my friends
why USE THEM !

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS when I started
THIS SCENE and TAKING VIDEO OF BANDS,
WOULD these images BE LATER,
and TOO SOON, be NECESSARY.

All the stories come to mind now
of all my friends who have passed.
Like feudal Japanese demons these
thoughts are floating thru the air
dive bombing me with dark visions
of life going to death.

It takes awhile to get those 20 YEAR OLD
or so old videos of my friends together to
copy, no not a chore, but the time
watching what we will memorialize
goes from happy to grief.

By the time I get this memory
finished I will have realized the
necessity of what I am doing and
be ready for Sunday's service,
and the following week also.

Next we will meet all our friends
this being the SCENE, the punk
scene from the 1980's.
Good to see old friends I suppose,
but why here... of course
There is a reason.

We had our memorial for El Duce,
for Top Jimmy, for English Frank.
Some friends I hear have passed
there was no memorial or I heard
about it too late.

Now, it is STEVO's turn. BYE.

MY OTHER stories on THE SCENE --
english frank
PUNK ROCK SAVED MY LIFE
"mott the WHOople"
[ was I alive ? ]
Rodney on MY PUNKrock
I'VE NEVER SEEN HER "decline"
I was once a NardCore Virgin
gary OH gary OH gary
KING TACO not Okie Dog
MADE IN CHINA not the PRC
O.C. IS THE LIFE FOR ME
FENDER'S you don't stroke a ballroom
80's punk ISLAM on CRENSHAW
The ANARCHY LIBRARY
uPcoming pUnkumentaries
Punk Rock TONIGHT SHOW
FRIEND PASSES !!! STEVO


NEXT: one more TIME...
video louis 2005 http://www.punkslam.rocks.it/

No comments: